Waxing Do's and Don't
Whether it’s your first wax with me or your first wax in general, there are a few things you should know.
Before your Waxing
- Let your hair grow out at least 1/4 inch (about 10 to 12 days of growth after a shave). This will ensure I get as much hair as possible.
- Gently exfoliate your skin before your appointment. Using a washcloth in the opposite direction of hair growth can easily do this.
- If you have sensitive skin, go ahead and take a couple of Advil or Motrin an hour before your appointment.
- Before and immediately after your appointment, avoid tanning.
- Relax the procedure is not as painful as you think!
After your waxing
- Post-waxing your treated areas will likely experience some redness. If you’re scheduled to make public appearances you will want to bring make up to touch up.
- No swimming or tub bathing the same day of any body waxing.
- Don’t work out after your waxing as sweating and raising body temperatures might irritate the skin.
- Come back for your next wax in 3-4 weeks.
- Last but not least, thank you for choosing Lavande Face & Body, and I hope to see you soon!
My business is appointment based. It only works when appointments are kept. When you schedule an appointment with me , I must make sure that I am here for you. I ask that you extend the same courtesy to me.
I do realize that occasionally, “real life” intrudes on previously laid plans. For that reason, it is my policy to give each client a “second chance” the first time they cancel an appointment with less than 24 hour notice.
However the second time a client cancels with less than 24 hour notice, I will and must charge for the missed appointment. Same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the scheduled service price. If you do not call or show for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged full price for the scheduled service.
First time client please arrive 10 minutes early for your treatment. This will give you plenty of time to check in, use the rest room and fill out any necessary forms. Arriving late will rob you of precious treatment minutes as each session will be finished exactly on time as a courtesy to the next client, as well you will be responsible for paying the full service fee.
I will contact clients via text or email for appointment confirmation approximately 24 hours prior to the appointment.